This article will show you how to add notes to items and agenda sections in the Agenda and Meeting Management Select (formerly CivicClerk) Board Portal.
- Board Portal notes are generally considered private and cannot be accessed by Agenda and Meeting Management Select administrators, staff, or other board users from your organization. However, depending on the laws that apply to your jurisdiction, Board Portal notes may be subject to discovery through public records requests. Clerks that need access to Board Portal notes to fulfill legal records requests should contact Support.
- Board Portal users can also annotate supporting documents and attachments in the Board Portal, as an alternative to adding notes. When you annotate a document/attachment, you essentially write notes on the document/attachment itself.
- Sign in to the Board Portal if you have not already
- Ensure that the Agendas tab is selected
- Select the desired Agenda
- On the agenda details page, click the three-dot menu icon next to the Section or Item you wish to add notes to
- Click the Notes button in the menu that appears
- Enter your notes into the Notes field
Note: Notes are auto-saved as they are typed and edited.
- Use the text and paragraph formatting tools to edit the look of your notes, if desired
- Undo: Undo previous actions, including formatting and typing
- Redo: Redo previous actions, including formatting and typing
Paste: Paste copied text into the notes field
Note: Depending on your browser's security settings, you may be unable to paste text into the Notes field using the Paste tool or by right-clicking your mouse and selecting the paste option. If this is the case, a pop-up will appear and ask you to paste the desired data into a new text field using the Ctrl + V (for PC users) or Cmd + V (for Mac users) keyboard shortcut.
- Bold: Format highlighted text in boldface
- Italic: Format highlighted text in italics
- Underline: Place an underline below the highlighted text
- Remove Format: Remove any text or paragraph formatting (such as bolding and italics) from the highlighted text
- Insert/Remove Numbered List: Create a numbered list or remove number formatting from a highlighted numbered list
- Insert/Remove Bulleted List: Create a bulleted list or remove bullet formatting from a highlighted bulleted list
- Decrease Indent: Move text closer to the margin by a predetermined amount of space
- Increase Indent: Move text further away from the margin by a predetermined amount of space
- Paragraph Format: Change the formatting of highlighted text by applying a predetermined Paragraph Formatting style
- Table: Insert a table with your desired properties
- Maximize: Expand the Notes field to fit your entire browser window
- Click the gray rectangular Previous Item or Next Item buttons below the notes field to view or add notes to the section or item that appears before or after the current one in the order of business respectively, if desired
- Or click the blue rectangular Agenda Details button in the top-left corner of the screen to return to the agenda details page
- To view saved notes, navigate to the agenda details page and repeat Steps 4 and 5, or follow the instructions in the View Agenda Notes article