This article will tell you how to use Copy, Cut, and Paste tools to cut, copy, or paste text from a document into any Text Field editor.
Note: Items can also be cut, copied, and pasted from the text field editor using the keyboard shortcuts.
- Leaves text in the field, copies to clipboard for later pasting
- Keyboard shortcut: CTRL + C
- Removes text, copies to clipboard for later pasting
- Keyboard shortcut: CTRL + X
- Pastes text
- Keyboard shortcut: CTRL + V
Convert to Plain Text
- Converts entry to plain text
- Note: Removes formatting and design structures from source (e.g. bullets and numbering)
Paste Plain Text
- Removes all formatting from source, including spacing
- Keyboard shortcut: CTRL + Shift + V.
- Paste text or HTML code into Text Field. Use Code View to view entry as HTML code.
- Note: You must be in Code View to keep HTML formatting when pasting HTML code into Text Field