This article will tell you how to use Copy, Cut, and Paste tools to cut, copy, or paste text from a document into any Text Field editor.
Note: Items can also be cut, copied, and pasted from the text field editor using the keyboard shortcuts.
For the purposes of this article, a Microsoft Word document was used to copy text from.
Text Editor Tools
- Leaves text in the field and copies it to clipboard for later pasting
- Keyboard shortcut: CTRL + C
- Removes the text and copies it to the clipboard for later pasting
- Keyboard shortcut: CTRL + X
- Pastes the most recent text copied to the clipboard
- Keyboard shortcut: CTRL + V
Convert to Plain Text
- Converts the entry into plain text
- Note: Removes formatting and design structures from source (e.g. bullets and numbering)
Paste Plain Text
- Removes all the formatting from the source, including spacing
- Keyboard shortcut: CTRL + Shift + V.
- Paste text or HTML code into Text Field. Use Code View to view entry as HTML code.
- Note: You must be in Code View to keep HTML formatting when pasting HTML code into Text Field