This article will show you a few tools to help format and align your paragraphs in your text fields. These tools will display with most major text boxes.
The CivicClerk system treats each paragraph as a separate piece of text when using Paragraph Formatting tools. This means that the use of one tool will affect the entire paragraph but not the entire Text Field. Press the Enter key on your keyboard to create new paragraphs and format them separately. To format multiple paragraphs identically, highlight them before selecting a Paragraph Formatting tool. Use the Text Formatting tools affects only text (words or phrases) highlighted by the cursor. Check out our Help Center Guide for more information on Text Formatting tools.
- Increase/Decrease Indent
- Choose to move your text In or Out by a predetermined amount of space
- Numbered List/Bulleted List
- Create a numbered list or bulleted list from your text
- Note: If you want to create a list in either format, you can either
- A) Type into the field, highlight all list-item paragraphs, and then click the Numbered/Bulleted List tool to create a list of only some text but not all
- B) Paste bulleted or numbered text into the field
- Note: To subordinate items (indent bullets or numbers), highlight items and click Increase Indent or press the Tab key on your keyboard
- Paragraph Format
- Use this tool to change the formatting of each highlighted paragraph using the predetermined Paragraph Formatting styles
- Note: You cannot apply Paragraph Formatting to individual words or lines within a paragraph. Paragraph Formatting must be applied to the entire paragraph
- Insert Horizontal Line
- Use this tool to insert a Horizontal Line between words, sentences, or paragraphs in the Text Field
- Note: The style and formatting of Horizontal Lines is predetermined and cannot be changed