This article will show you a few tools to help format and align paragraphs in your text fields. These tools will display with most major text boxes.
- CivicClerk, now our Select Agenda and Meeting Management solution, treats each paragraph as a separate piece of text when using Paragraph Formatting tools. This means that the use of one tool will affect the entire paragraph but not the entire text field.
- Press Enter on your keyboard to create new paragraphs and format them separately.
- To format multiple paragraphs at the same time, highlight them before selecting a Paragraph Formatting tool. Using the Text Formatting tools affects only text (words or phrases) highlighted by the cursor. See our Text Formatting tools article for more information.
Decrease or Increase Indent
- Move your text closer to or further away from the margin by a predetermined amount of space
Numbered or Bulleted Lists
- Create a numbered list or bulleted list from your text
Note: If you want to create a list in either format, you can either:
- Type into the text field, highlight all list-item paragraphs, and click the Numbered List or Bulleted List tools to create a list of only some text but not all
- Or, paste the bulleted or numbered text into the field
To subordinate items (indent bullets or numbers), highlight items, click Increase Indent, or press Tab on your keyboard.
- Use this tool to change the formatting of a paragraph using the predetermined Paragraph Formatting styles
Note: You cannot apply Paragraph Formatting to individual words or lines within a paragraph. Paragraph Formatting must be applied to the entire paragraph.
Insert Horizontal Line
- Use this tool to insert a Horizontal Line between words, sentences, or paragraphs in the Text Field
Note: The style and formatting of Horizontal Lines are predetermined and cannot be changed.
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.