This article will show you a few tools to help format and enter text in your Text Field. These tools will display with most major text boxes.
The CivicClerk system treats each word as a separate piece of text when using Text Formatting tools. This means that the use of one tool will affect only text highlighted by the cursor. However, using the Paragraph Formatting tools affects the entire paragraph. Check out more information on Paragraph Formatting tools.
- Bold: Formats highlighted text in boldface
- Italic: Formats highlighted text in italics
- Underline: Places an underline below the highlighted text
- Strikethrough: Places a strikethrough line through highlighted text
- Font Family: Changes font to selected style from a predetermined list of font families
- Font Size: Resizes font size according to a predetermined list of font sizes
- Text Color: Changes font color to selected HEX color from a predetermined list of Text Colors
- Background Color: Changes background color to selected HEX color from a predetermined list of Background Colors
- Convert to Plain Text: Removes formatting and converts all pasted data to plain text
- Note: This will remove all formatting and styling including fonts, tables, and lists. If your data includes tables and lists, we suggest that you format text separately from those items and avoid using the Convert to Plain Text tool
- Note: This will remove formatting from all paragraphs, whether they are selected or not. You cannot Convert individual paragraphs to Plain text and preserve the formatting of unhighlighted paragraphs.
- Select All: Highlights all text in Text Field
- Undo: Undoes previous actions, including formatting and typing
- Note: The keyboard shortcut is CTRL + Z
- Text Snippets: Inserts Text Snippets which you can preload into your CivicClerk site