This article will show you a few tools to help format and enter text in your Text Field. These tools will display with most major text boxes.
- The CivicClerk (now our Select Agenda and Meeting Management solution) system treats each word as a separate piece of text when using Text Formatting tools. This means that the use of one tool will affect only text highlighted by the cursor. However, using the Paragraph Formatting tools affects the entire paragraph. Check out more information on Paragraph Formatting tools.
- Clear all Content: Removes all content from the Text Field
- Convert to Plain Text: Removes formatting and converts all pasted data to plain text
- This will remove all formatting and styling including fonts, tables, and lists. If your data includes tables and lists, we suggest that you format text separately from those items and avoid using the Convert to Plain Text tool.
- This will remove formatting from all paragraphs, whether they are selected or not. You cannot convert individual paragraphs to plain text and preserve the formatting of unhighlighted paragraphs.
- Bold: Formats highlighted text in boldface
- Italic: Formats highlighted text in italics
- Underline: Places an underline below the highlighted text
- Strikethrough: Places a strikethrough line through highlighted text
- Subscript: Formats highlighted text as small subscript characters that appear slightly below the normal line of text
- Superscript: Formats highlighted text as small superscript characters that appear slightly above the normal line of text
- Font Family: Changes the font of the text to a selected style from a predetermined list of font families
- Font Size: Resizes the font size according to a predetermined list of font sizes
- Text Color: Changes the font color to the selected HEX color from a predetermined list of Text Colors
- Background Color: Changes the background color to a selected HEX color from a predetermined list of Background Colors
- Select All: Highlights all text in Text Field
- Undo: Undoes previous actions, including formatting and typing
Note: The keyboard shortcut CTRL + Z.
- Redo: Redoes previous actions, including formatting and typing
Note: The keyboard shortcut is CTRL + Y.
- Text Snippets: Inserts Text Snippets which you can preload into your site
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.