This article will show you how to use the Public Portal to help your citizens easily find meetings by publishing and scheduling public Events.
- Navigate to the Events module
- Select the Event you wish to publish
- In the Events Options page, navigate to the Published section and select an option
- Not Published: Will not publish the Event
- Published: Will publish the Event after you save
- Publish on Date: Choose to publish on a specified future date
- Configure other Event Options
- Category: Select a category for your Event
- Notice: Releases your custom Notice when published
- Board Portal Welcome Message: Includes a custom Welcome Message on the Board Portal
- Select Save Changes
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Hi Nichole Plowman,
I apologize for not seeing your message sooner!
You can indicate whether events should be immediately published to the Public Portal upon creation within Portal Settings. To do so, you will want to navigate to the User Menu > Settings > Events & Public Portal > Portal Settings. Scroll down to the Portal Preferences section and click the Default Event Publish Setting dropdown. If you select No and then click Save Changes, all meetings created going forward should be unpublished by default.
How do we create events without having them published when created? The option to "Not Published" is only available after the item is created and published.
Please sign in to leave a comment.