This process will show you how to start the Approval Process. The Approval Process begins when a user determines that their item is ready to pass on. You can also take approval actions, use the Messaging feature to add messages within comments, and use the Tasks feature to assign tasks to users.
- Navigate to Meetings module
- Select an Agenda containing approval items
- Select an Item requiring approval
- Click View and select Item Approvals from the drop-down list
- Note: The default view is Item Fields.
- Select Start Approvals
- Or, select Start Approvals from the Item Fields page
- Note: The item will now pass through the first line of approvers.
- Click Initiated to view who the approvers are, as well as the Approval Progress
- Note: Both users and approvers can still modify the item while it is in the approval process.