This article will show you how to use Closed Captioning Services on Events.
There are four ways to use Closed Captioning Services:
- No Closed Captioning Services Requested: Do not use Closed Captioning
- Request Live Closed Captioning: Use Closed Captioning on a Live Event
- Request Transcriptionist Closed Captioning: A real transcriptionist will perform captioning
Note: This option results in higher accuracy, but will have a longer turn-around time. It may take up to 4 business days to receive the Closed Captioning, depending on the length of the meeting.
- Request Machine Closed Captioning: An automated process that adds closed captioning
Note: This option results in slightly lower accuracy, but will have a short turn-around time. Generally, you will receive Closed Captions within double the length of the meeting. For example, if your meeting is 2 hours, you will receive Closed Captioning within 4 hours of processing. Contact Support if the transcription is taking a couple of days.
For Request Transcriptionist and Request Machine Closed Captioning, there are two ways to apply Closed Captioning:
- Prerecorded Media: If you already have media within your event, Closed Captioning will start processing as soon as you click Save
- No Recorded Media: If you have not yet recorded your event, Closed Captioning will start processing as soon as you upload Media into your event
- If closed captioning services are selected, CivicPlus automatically bills every month for any services rendered the previous month.
- Navigate to Events
- Select your desired Event
- Click on View: Event Details and select Event Media from the drop-down list
- If closed captioning services are active, click the CC Services button
Note: If you wish to activate closed captioning services, you can do this by selecting it as an Add-On.
- Choose an option
- Machine CC: An automated process that adds closed captioning
- Transcriptionist CC: A real transcriptionist will perform captioning
- Live CC: Use Closed Captioning on a Live Event
- No CC: Do not use Closed Captioning
- Click Save Changes
Warning: When media is added to this event, we will automatically request Machine Closed Captioning. This setting can be changed before any media is added. *Fees may apply.
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.