This feature is intended to reduce the number of steps needed to broadcast/record a live stream during a meeting by automatically flagging an event as live at the designated start time and automatically flagging the event as not live after a set period of inactivity. You must toggle the feature on an event-by-event basis.
- This feature must be activated by the Support team.
- Best Practice Recommendation: You should continue to keep local recording backups of the streams, at least temporarily, to ensure a copy is available in case of a network outage or other issue with the stream being delivered to the CivicPlus Media server.
- You remain entirely responsible for managing your encoder. CivicClerk 8 is unable to remotely manage your encoder to start/pause/stop the encoder data stream itself. CivicClerk is able to manage the Live status of the event, which handles the broadcasting/recording of the incoming data stream from the encoder.
- Navigate to the Events module
- Select the Event you wish to edit
- Confirm the event date and time is set correctly in the sidebar
- On the Event Details page, check the box for Automatically set this event to Live at the scheduled time under Event Options
- Click Save Changes
- Repeat these steps for each desired event
- At the designated event date and time, the event will automatically be set Live
- Note: The user who manages the encoder will still need to ensure the device has been activated and is sending a stream to the CivicPlus Media server.
- After the designated streaming period (default of 4 hours, but this is customizable by contacting Support) the system will prompt the user to confirm if streaming is still occurring
- Note: A user must be logged in to the CivicClerk 8 Admin site and on the Events module in order to receive this prompt.
- The user has the following options:
- The user can confirm the Event should remain Live by clicking the Extend Live button, which will extend the stream duration by another hour before prompting the user again
- The user can confirm the Live Event should end immediately by clicking the End Live button
- The user can passively end the Live Event by taking no action and allowing the Auto-End Timer to countdown completely
- The user can end the Live Event immediately at any time by manually clicking the End Live button from the Live Meeting and Bookmarking page within the event