This article will show you how to create a new Board Portal User from a blank template. You can also create new users by copying existing users and giving them access to the Board Portal.
- The first step is to navigate to the User Menu > Settings
- Select User and Global Settings
- Select Users
- Select New User
- Fill in Fields to create a new user and check the box next to Board to classify the user as a board member
- Scroll down to Meetings and check the box next to Has Access to Board Portal to give the user board portal access
- Set the Meetings Security Profile to Council and Board (or other, if applicable)
- Select Save Changes to save and add the new user
- To enable the user to log in, navigate to the Board Portal
- On the Board Portal Login page, select Forgot password?
- Enter the new board user's Email Address as the username
- Select Send Password
- Note: User will receive a new random password via email, which they can use to sign in to the Board Portal. After signing in, they can change password in Board Portal User Account Settings.
- Note: The user will also receive a CivicPlus Platform verification email, but the CivicPlus Platform account is optional at this time and only required if the user requires access to CivicClerk.