This article will show you how to add a Motion during a meeting.
- There is a relationship in CivicClerk, now Select Agenda and Meeting Management, between Motions and Votes. A motion doesn't require a vote and can be left blank if, for example, a motion is not seconded and therefore doesn't make it to a vote. However, entering a motion is required before a vote can occur.
- Sign in to the system if you haven't already
- Navigate to the Meetings module
- Select the Agenda associated with your meeting
- Select Go to Minutes
- Click View and select Minutes Summary from the drop-down list
Note: The default view is Minutes Settings.
- Select an Item to edit
Note: Ensure that the Edit Mode view is selected.
- Select the +Motion button
- Click to select a Motion Name from the drop-down list or type a Motion Name into the text box
- Select motion actions for the appropriate users
- Initiate: Indicate who initiated the motion
- Second: Indicate who seconded the motion (if applicable)
- Initiate and record any votes as necessary
Note: A motion doesn't require a vote and can be left blank if, for example, a motion is not seconded and therefore doesn't make it to a vote. However, entering a motion is required before a vote can occur.
- Select a Save As option to record the motion action
- None: Record this motion without designating it as passed or failed
- Passed: Record this motion as a passed motion
- Failed: Record this motion as a failed motion
- If Auto-Save is on, the item will save automatically; if not, select a Save option
- Save Changes: Save recent changes and continue editing the current item
- Save and Next Item: Save recent changes to the current item and begin editing the next agenda item