This article will show you how to add a Motion during a meeting.
- There is a relationship in CivicClerk, now Select Agenda and Meeting Management, between Motions and Votes. A motion doesn't require a vote and can be left blank if, for example, a motion is not seconded and therefore doesn't make it to a vote. However, entering a motion is required before a vote can occur.
- Navigate to the Meetings module
- Select the Agenda associated with your meeting
- Select Go to Minutes
- Click View and select Minutes Summary from the drop-down list
Note: The default view is Minutes Settings.
- Select an Item to edit
Note: Ensure that the Edit Mode view is selected.
- Select the +Motion button
- Click to select a Motion Name from the drop-down list or type a Motion Name into the text box
- Select motion actions for the appropriate users
- Initiate: Indicate who initiated the motion
- Second: Indicate who seconded the motion
- If Auto-Save is on, the motion will save automatically; if not, select a Save option
- Save Changes: Save recent changes and continue editing the current item
- Save and Next Item: Save recent changes to the current item and begin editing the next agenda item
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.