This article will show you how to initiate a Vote during a meeting.
- A motion can exist without having vote results recorded, but a motion is required to save a vote.
- Navigate to the Meetings module
- Select the Agenda associated with your meeting
- Select Go to Minutes
- Click View and select Minutes Summary from the drop-down list
- Note: The default view is Minutes Settings.
- Select the desired Item
- Click Motion next to an existing motion to set up a vote, or click +Motion to Add a New Motion for the agenda item
- Scroll down and select Start Vote to initiate the vote
- Select a Vote Status for each voting member
- Note: Meeting members can also indicate their votes in the Board Portal. Your Clerk View will update with their vote status.
- Voting Statuses
- Yes: Wants to pass the vote
- No: Does not want to pass the vote
- Abstain: Does not want to vote
- Additional Options:
- Cancel Vote: Cancel vote (with the option to restart)
- Mark All As Yes: Mark all meeting members as indicating Yes
- Reset Vote: Reset all members' votes to take a recount
- Once all votes have been tallied, select Passed or Failed in the Save as: field to save the voting results
- Note: The vote count to the left of the Save As: field will automatically update as votes are marked
- If Auto-Save is on, results will save automatically. If not, select a Save option.
- Save Changes: Save recent changes and continue editing the current item
- Save and Next Item: Save recent changes to the current item and begin editing the next agenda item
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.