CivicClerk, now our Select Agenda and Meeting Management solution, site administrators can choose to turn on a Public Comment form in the Public Portal. Site administrators will have a text field to enter instructions to the residents that will show up on the Public Portal, will specify an email address for the resident comments to be submitted to, and will enable a new comments tab to show up in the Public Portal.
In the new Public Portal, the comments tab is labeled Submit Comments.
Once the tab is turned on, residents will be able to select a meeting, navigate to the comments tab, fill out an online form, and submit comments for a particular agenda to an email address specified by the site administrator. The email that the site administrator will receive will contain a link to the specific meeting the resident wishes to comment on.
This article will show you how to activate Public Portal comments.
- Navigate to User Menu > Settings
- Click Events & Public Portal
- Click Portal Settings
- Scroll down to Public Comments and insert one email address into the Public Comments Email field
Note: This will be the email address that you want residents' emails to be routed to.
- Enter Public Comments Instructions to appear in the Public Portal explaining instructions or communicating other information to residents if desired
- Scroll to the top of the page and click Save Changes
Note: Once you click Save Changes, the tab will be active in the Public Portal automatically.