This article describes how clients with CivicPlus Media can run a YouTube live stream and simultaneously push that stream out through CivicPlus Media.
- If you are using this option, CivicPlus Media will not be recording your event for future playback.
- CivicPlus Media
- YouTube Live
- YouTube Live Channel ID
Reach out to CivicClerk 8 Support first to activate multi-stream functionality. You will need to provide CivicClerk Support the Channel ID for your YouTube Live. You can find this by visiting your YouTube Account. Your unique channel ID will combine special characters, numbers, and letters.
Setting up the Event - CivicPlus Media
- Navigate to the Events module
- Select the Event you want to stream
- Select YouTube from the Select Streams drop-down menu
- Select Save Changes
Starting Event Live Stream - CivicPlus Media
- In your event, select Live Meeting and Bookmarking from the View dropdown
- In the Recording and Streaming box at the top right of the page, ensure it says Using Stream: YouTube, and then select Set Live
- The button will turn red and say End Live, and your meeting will be live to viewers in the CivicPlus Media Public Portal
Ending the Event Live Stream - CivicPlus Media
- When your meeting is complete and you want to end the live stream, select End Live