Before you stream or record your first meeting with CivicClerk, now our Select Agenda and Meeting Management solution, or CivicPlus Media, make sure to review and configure the following video settings per the recommendations below:
- 1280x720 pixels (1280x720p) or less
- 30 frames per second (30fps)
- 1000-2000 kilobits per second (1000-2000kbps) bitrate
Note: You can broadcast at a higher bitrate if desired, but you may experience buffering with higher bitrates.
- Frame interval would be 2 to 4 keyframes (also known as frames) per second, or a keyframe every 8 to 10 frames.
Note: Configure the frame interval if applicable; not all encoders offer this.
- Enable Local Recording
Most public viewers will be watching your stream in a small window. Even a 480p stream will likely waste data.
It is strongly recommended that you enable local recording through your streaming hardware/software to ensure that your meeting is recorded in the event of a technical interruption.
While the CivicPlus Media service does include automatic recording of your live-streamed meetings, which is made available for on-demand playback once the stream has concluded, it is possible that a technical interruption could prevent your stream from reaching our servers for recording. For example, a local network disconnection or a region-wide internet service provider (ISP) outage could prevent your stream from reaching our servers for recording. If your streaming hardware/software is properly configured to record locally you can easily upload that media file to your CivicPlus Media account after any technical interruptions have been resolved.
Local recordings are a backup effort to ensure you have a valid video for every streamed meeting. You can store your local recordings as long as desired, or remove them after confirming that:
- The live stream was successfully recorded by the CivicPlus Media server and made available as an on-demand video after the stream concluded
- Or the local recording was uploaded to your CivicPlus Media account after resolving any technical interruptions
CivicPlus is unable to provide instructions for enabling local recordings, as it is entirely dependent on the hardware/software solution used by your organization. Please consult with the support team that owns your streaming hardware/software solution for steps on enabling local recordings.