Item Reports are documents, either produced by CivicClerk (now Select Agenda and Meeting Management) or uploaded from an outside application, that contain all the relevant item information needed during a meeting. When using the built-in functionality for creating Item Reports, the system allows users to enter their item data into modular item fields which are then dynamically pulled into a pre-defined template.
To assist in the creation of routine agenda content you can define rules for the Auto-creation of Item Reports. When the rules are properly defined, new items created under designated Sections will automatically have an Item Report created (or multiple Item Reports, if defined as such). Auto-creation rules are configured by Meeting Type to ensure that the right content appears based on the specific needs of the meeting.
- To manage these settings a user must have the “Has Access to Meetings Site Settings” permission in their User Profile.
- The Auto-creation rules only apply to Sections that are part of the template at the time that a meeting is created.
- Best Practice Recommendation: Proper use of the Auto-creation of Item Reports functionality can save significant time and effort for users creating items, but not all items created under a designated section may require a report. Users can still Delete unneeded reports from their items after initial creation.
- Navigate to User Menu > Settings
- Select Meetings
- Select Meeting Types
- Click the Edit button for the desired Meeting Type
- From the View menu, select Item Reports
- Click the Create Report button to start a new rule or click the Edit button to modify an existing rule
- Fill in the Item Report details
- Item Report Name: Enter the default name to be given to every item report created by this rule
- Item Report Design: Select the default Item Report Design that will be used by every item report created by this rule
- Item Report Word Design: Select the default Word Design that will be used by every item report created by this rule
- Include In Packet: Check this box if you want every item report created by this rule to automatically be flagged to be included in Agenda Packet generation
- Sections: Check the box next to each Section that you want the auto-creation rule to apply to
Note: This list only displays Sections that are currently part of the default template for the selected Meeting Type.
- Click Save