This article will show you how to create a Letter in your Boards & Committees module.
- Navigate to User Menu > Boards & Committees
- Select the People tab
- Find the desired letter recipient(s) and select the check box(es) next to their name(s)
Note: If you have trouble finding your desired recipient(s), use the Enter text to search box or click the Browse People tab to conduct an advanced search using filters.
- Navigate to Actions > Create Letter for Selected
- Fill in and use the Create Letter fields
- Letter Name: Enter a name for this letter
- Merge Tags: Select merge tags from the drop-down list to insert placeholders for dynamic content such as dates, titles, and contact information, if desired
- Templates: Select an existing Letter Template from the drop-down list to populate the Letter Content field with pre-typed and pre-formatted letter text, if desired
- Letter Content: Enter or edit the text of your letter
- Use the Paragraph Formatting and Text Formatting tools to format the look of the letter text
- Click Create
Note: Click the red X to exit the Create Letter screen without saving your document.
- Select PDF to download a copy of your letter as a PDF file, or select Word to download a copy of your letter as a Word document
Note: Click both PDF and Word to download copies of the letter in both file formats.
- Check the box next to Add this letter to the Documentation page for the selected record if you would like to access a copy of the letter in the Boards & Committees module in the future
- Click Close
- Share or send your downloaded Letter as desired